Don't Let Menopause Mar Your Gorgeous Look
Posted by 3d on March 27, 2015
There are a few inevitable facts of life for women. Menopause is one of them. Aged, sagging and wrinkling skin doesn't have to be.
The hormonal changes that menopause brings include an estrogen drop that can make you prone to thinning, sagging, and wrinkling skin. Your body's collagen production slows down and you lose some of the fat under your skin, reducing its elasticity. Moisture also is sapped. Visible results include sagging around the neck, jawline and cheeks, crow's feet, fine lines above the lip and wrinkles.
Fortunately, there are multiple steps you can take to help you defy the aging process and keep your skin looking youthful and vibrant.
- Keep it clean: Cleanse your skin each day with a high-quality, soap-free cleanser like Avanti Rx Clean Start.
- Hydrate: After menopause, oil glands are less active, which makes your skin drier. Skip those long, hot showers, use a cream-based moisturizer while your skin is still damp. Try Avanti Rx Dream Cream. And remember to hydrate from the inside, too, by drinking lots of water throughout the day.
- Be sun-smart: As you age, your skin has less natural protection. Use a broad-spectrum moisturizing sunscreen like Avanti Rx Sunbrella, with SPF 45 protection that goes on smooth and leaves behind no white residue or stickiness. Apply generously every time you venture out into the sun to avoid wrinkles and age spots. Be sure to protect your hands, too. Wear gloves while doing yardwork and housework
- Load up on antioxidants: Choose foods rich in antioxidants to help boost collagen content and strengthen your skin from the inside out.
- Stock up on soy: Soy is packed with isoflavones, plant-based compounds that mimic estrogen in the body.
- Work it out: Regular exercise boosts blood circulation, which delivers extra oxygen to your body's tissues, boosting its vibrancy.
- Relax: Stress can sap your skin's moisture, making it sensitive and prone to the effects of aging. Manage your stress well and make sure you get plenty of sleep each night.
- Pamper yourself: Regular facials or chemical peels tailored for your unique skincare needs can help you restore and maintain a healthy, vibrant and youthful look.
Want more anti-aging skincare tips? Call 904-461-6797 to schedule a consultation with St. Augustine's Avanti Medical Spa.