Eight Great Tips to Revive Aging Skin
Posted by 3d on April 24, 2014
Aging is a fact of life. Luckily, beauty is a choice. If you’re seeing the effects that menopause and its accompanying drop in estrogen levels have on your skin – thinning, sagging, dryness and wrinkling – know that there are things you can do to help revive your thinning. Avanti Medical Spa offers eight great tips:
- Switch it up: As your skin ages your skincare needs change. While lighter foam or gel cleansers are great for younger skin, they lack the extra moisture benefits that older skin needs. Opt instead for creamier formula.
- Hydrate inside and out: Speaking of moisture, skin literally thirsts for it as it ages. That’s because oil glands aren’t as active as they were in years before. To keep your skin hydrated inside and out, drink plenty of water, skip hot showers and apply a creamy, highly potent moisturizing cream to your face and body while your skin is still wet. Keep in mind that although the more potent moisturizers may have a thicker consistency, the best ones won’t feel heavy or greasy.
- Boost your SPF: Older skin is more susceptible to the ill effects of sun exposure. So, protect it with a moisturizer or sun block with a broad-spectrum SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 or higher.
- Exfoliate: Those brown spots, also called sun spots, are a tell-tale sign of age. To help fade them, use a gentle exfoliator that helps slough off dull, flaky dead skin cells, and use a toner to help even out your skin color.
- Eat up: Nutrition plays a major role in the condition of your skin. Among the most beneficial food elements for aging skin are antioxidants, which can help combat the effects of the loss of skin-plumping collagen. Antioxidants are found primarily in brightly colored fruits and vegetables.
- Stay active: Exercise tones more than your muscles. It also can help keep your skin looking smooth, vibrant and toned, too. That’s because it boosts circulation of oxygen-rich blood needed to help your skin look brighter and healthier.
- Bust stress: Stress is a proven primary factor in aging. It can dry out your skin, making it more sensitive and prone to wrinkling. Regular exercise is a great stress-buster, as are meditation; adequate sleep (aim for eight or nine hours of uninterrupted sleep nightly) and – believe it or not – laughter. A great laugh boosts heart rate, stimulates blood circulation and aids muscle reaction.
- Pamper yourself: Treat yourself to regular facials designed to smooth, brighten and revive aging skin. Avanti Medical Spa’s skincare professionals offer a variety of signature facials, each of which can be tailored for your specific skincare needs.
Don’t you deserve to look as young and vibrant as you feel? Call 904-461-6797 to schedule your custom skincare analysis and treatment today.